Here are my suggestions for studying for an accounting final exam (assuming it is the first course covering financial accounting):
- Try our free Quizzes. I would work our free accounting Quizzes for the topics covered in your course. Our Quizzes will help you identify the topics where you need to improve. It is very important that you learn why you had selected an incorrect answer and why another answer was the best answer.
- Review our cheat sheets. We have created a separate cheat sheet for 25 of our accounting topics that are available to PRO members. Here is a listing of the cheat sheets that are available for you to review: List of Cheat Sheets.
- Take our Quick Tests. Our PRO members area also offers 57 Quick Tests containing more than 1,500 practice questions with answers. Work the tests that are appropriate for your course. Test questions are a great way to retain what you have learned and to identify the areas in which you need to improve. It is important to understand why you selected the incorrect answer and to understand why another answer is the best answer.
- Search our site. For the areas that you need to improve, I suggest that you enter a question into the search box located at the top of any page of AccountingCoach. You are likely to find an answer to your question from either our Q&A, Dictionary, or Explanations.
(Don’t hesitate to take the time to read our Explanations. Many of the testimonials that we receive thank us for the clarity we provided.)
- Understand the why. Many students have told me they studied long hours and felt that they knew the material yet they failed the exam. I then repeat that it is critical that accounting students understand the why that is buried in the exam questions.
- Meet with your instructor. If you still are lacking an understanding, seek your instructor's assistance for additional help.