The term net profit might have a variety of definitions. I assume that net profit means all revenues minus all expenses including the cost of goods sold, the selling, general, and administrative (SG&A) expenses, and the nonoperating expenses. At a corporation it may also mean after income tax expense.
What is the difference between gross profit and net profit?
- What is the difference between gross profit margin and gross margin?
- If I want a gross margin of 25%, what percent should I mark up my product?
- What is the difference between income and profit?
- What is gross margin?
- How do you compute a selling price if you know the cost and the required gross margin?
- What is the difference between gross margin and markup?
To learn more, see the Related Topics listed below: