Here are some additional examples of net:
- net realizable value. The amount to be received in the ordinary course of business minus the costs of completion and disposal.
- net property, plant and equipment. The recorded costs of the tangible noncurrent assets used in the business minus the related accumulated depreciation.
- accounts receivable, net. The recorded amount of accounts receivable minus the allowance for doubtful accounts.
- net cash provided by operating activities. The combination of the cash inflows and the cash outflows from a company's operations (activities outside of its investing and financing activities).
- loss on disposal, net of tax. An accounting loss on the sale of a business segment minus the income taxes that were saved (avoided, sheltered) because the loss was also deductible on the company's income tax return.
- net income. Revenues and gains minus expenses and losses.
View Our Course Outline