- is accredited by an organization such as AACSB
- has admissions criteria that you can meet
- is staffed by professional instructors with a passion for teaching
- has student organizations in accounting and other areas that will allow you to gain leadership and other skills
- has a vibrant campus placement or career services office with a track record of placing accounting students in the professional positions that you seek.
To help you identify a college accounting program that is appropriate for you, we recently expanded the AccountingCoach.com website to include an Accounting Career Center. There you will find more details on selecting a college for studying accounting, direct links to the accounting departments at 700 colleges and universities in the U.S., information on the CPA Exam, a discussion of accounting jobs and opportunities, and more.