- Download our cheat sheet. If your final exam is comprehensive (covers the entire course/semester) I recommend that you review our Accounting Cheat Sheet.
- Try our free Quizzes. Next I would work our free accounting Quizzes for the topics covered in your course. Our Quizzes will help you identify the topics where you need to improve. It is very important that you learn why you had selected an incorrect answer and why another answer was the best answer.
- Take our practice Exams. Our PRO members area offers more than 1,500 practice exam questions. In particular, you can try our 16 part (640 questions) Financial Accounting Exam. Work the parts that are appropriate for your course and identify the areas in which you need to improve. It is important to understand why you selected the incorrect answer and to understand why another answer is the best answer.
- Search our site. For the areas that you need to improve, I suggest that you enter a question into the search box located at the top of every page of AccountingCoach. You are likely to find an answer to your question from either our Q&A, Dictionary, or Explanations.
(Don’t hesitate to take the time to read our Explanations. Many of the testimonials that we receive thank us for the clarity we provided.)
- Understand the why. Many students have told me they studied long hours and felt that they knew the material yet they failed the exam. I then repeat that it is critical that accounting students understand the why that is buried in the exam questions.
- Meet with your instructor. If you still are lacking an understanding, seek your instructor's assistance for additional help.